Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Journal Day Five

Sorry to my kids for yelling so much today. Their behavior toward each other really bothers me, especially the two older kids. I have to consider that my emotions over my dad affect the way I interact with them and the way they treat each other. My mother told me today that she felt that my dad is "sliding backwards" again. The incident that prompted her was that my dad came back from one of his rental houses that was having problems with their heat and he couldn't figure it out. She said he came back home and told her that he felt that he couldn't understand/figure out things that he knew before. This is the first time he has recognized his diminished capacity. She said he was really sad. I fell apart after our conversation. I felt so sad for him. My dad has three houses that he pretty much built himself. You know the expression "jack of all trades, master of none"? My dad was master of all. With less than a high school education, he was the smartest, most capable man I knew. I know. He has accomplished so much in his life, it's an unbeleievable story. For another time. Take good care, S

No comments:

Post a Comment