Friday, January 20, 2012

Journal Day Three

Very grateful today. My Mom's MRI was normal. Such a relief. Can't even bring myself to think about both my parents being sick. I didn't see or speak to my dad today. Tomorrow my oldest son turns 11. He's also testing for his black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I hope my dad comes to see him. I remember when my son was born, my dad was just over the moon. Over the years my dad has been so close to the kids. So many wonderful memories. I hope so desperately that they remember my dad, their grandfather at his best, remember the great times they shared together. But a part of me is scared that they are so young that they will not remember those days but just remember how he is now and how he will deteriorate in the future. That makes me so sad. So sad. Before I continue down pity ally, I will say good night and resolve to enjoy tomorrow, so proud of my son. Encourage my dad to attend the black belt test and create the best memories possible for my kids and myself to hold on to. Take good care, S

No comments:

Post a Comment